Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hair

As someone who is folicularly challenged, maybe I just don't know about this, but it seems to me that whenever people see a hair on something edible they inappropriately freak out. Am I wrong here, people? Can hair actually hold disease and illness? Isn't it just protein? I don't know. People react to it as if there's a finger in their potato salad. I could see if it were a long, crinkly hair with particles attached to it. But usually it's just a small, less than one inch hair, that more often than not comes from the freak-outer's own scalp.

Visit the Asian Businessman Living in My Dresser. Again, her site is cooler than mine, and if you're just starting out in the Land of Blog, you should definitely check it out for ideas.

Now D and I are off to the Land of Chicago. Yay!

Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good point - I don't get it either.

Heather B. said...

the thought of hair anywhere makes me gag. It's disgusting.

dani said...

i was in chicago! now i'm in evanston. and i'm tired!

Lizzie said...

I don't get what the big deal is either. It seems the socially acceptable thing to do when finding a hair in one's food is to freak out and make a scene, but it doesn't bother me. There was a hair (2, actually) in my sushi last night and I just plucked them out and continued shoving sushi rolls into my mouth. No biggie.

Bone said...

Yeah, hair grosses me out, too. It was on a Seinfeld. So it's gotta be universal.

"You sold me a hair with a cake around it."

Debbie Cakes said...

Lizzie- Gerrrrross.

Bone- Damn you. Ya stole my comment, perhaps you also stole my Jesus Fish.

Oh yeah, nevermind, I'm a Jew.

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I'm only moderately grossed out by hair in my food.