Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Scrubs and School

Today would have been a lot worse, except that tonight there will be not one, but TWO new episodes of Scrubs, the first two eps of the fifth season. I can't tell you how long people have been waiting for this, especially since NBC, in their infinite wisdom, decided to hold Scrubs off until January. And I'm wondering if there will be any more seasons after this...the characters (and the actors) are getting older, and since one of the main plot points is that these young doctors are at the very bottom of the totem pole, there has necessarily been some major changes since the inception of the series. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

And of course this wonderful diversion helps me to get over what today was--getting back to school after Winter Break. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I love the kids I get to work with, but who really wants to get up at 5:00am and have to be "on" all day? That's certainly not part of the job that I relish. But back I am, and it was nice at times today to get to see all the familar faces again. I'm just glad Scrubs is on tonight.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I'm so glad scrubs is back! I'm sure NBC will keep it on as long as the ratings are good.