Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Report Card

Category: Star-Spangled Banner
Grade: D-
Comments: Just terrible. I've never been a huge Aaron Neville fan, and he was not particularly impressive here. Aretha Franklin is old and should retire. I think what was called for here was a more traditional, "American" rendition of our national anthem. Who is Dr. John?

Category: Game
Grade: B
Comments: A good game--it was always competitive. But did anyone really believe that Seattle was going to come back during the fourth quarter? I didn't.

Category: Game Outcome
Grade: A-
Comments: I picked Pittsburgh to win, and I wanted them to win, too. The only bad thing is that now I'm up 3-0 in the PCS, so if I win one more Event, I win the 2006 Cup. The more competitive something is, the more exciting it is.

Category: Halftime Show
Grade: F
Comments: The Rolling Stones should have died a long time ago, or at least had their abnormally long tongues cut out. Jeez. Why didn't they get Coldplay?

Category: Commercials
Grade: B-
Comments: I wasn't impressed. I don't know, maybe I'm more mature than I used to be, but they weren't as funny or "neat" as I remember. Still, they were better than the regular crap that they churn out most of the time. I did go to this cool site: www.herestobeer.com. Beer's good.

2 comments:

ndheathen said...

I would have gone D on the Star spangled banner, but thats minor. I'd give the game a B+, I thought seattle was going to get at least another score.I agree on the Game outcome and halftime show. But I'll give the aommercials an A. I thought they were the best we had seen in years.

Anonymous said...

That game was SO BORING. Even the commercials were lame. BORING. LAME. Not impressed.

Now, thank GOD 24 is on tonight to redeem the day.