Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Nice Night Out On the Town

Southie's Note: I'm going to try to completely forget all the crap that's been going on with Blogger recently and act like this post will work normally.
Tonight I went into the city to catch a concert and meet up with some friends, and it was coolio. We heard Haydn's "Surprise" Symphony and Shostakovich's Symphony No. 9, performed by the DePaul Symphony Orchestra. Of the two, the former is more my style, but I enjoyed the latter more, oddly enough. The winds in the Shostakovich were awesome, and particularly the clarinet. I miss college musical ensembles. And Glee Club.

Afterwards, we hit up The Red Lion, and it was a rockin' time. We got the whole upstairs for our party. Met some people. Sweet.

Till next time, sports fans.

3 comments:

ndheathen said...

What, are you like the Docter Evil of blogging now, and just going to post something and walk away and assume everythign went according to plan?

Brian South said...

Yes.

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Wish I could have made it out last night. I just wasn't up for it. Kenny, however, was. I'm not ready for those two worlds to collide. You seemed pretty desperate for my company to take the risk of meeting him. Sounds like you had fun though.

Please don't say coolio ever again.

I haven't been having any trouble with blogger except that I couldn't open my page for a while.