Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Post from Dayton

Greetings, all. First of all, I'd like to share a picture with you from my travels to Dayton.

That's right, folks, if you look close enough, you can see that the odometer reads "111111". Holy crap! What are the odds?!

In other news, Dayton is still here. My childhood cat Oreo still recognizes me (or at least doesn't hate me). And I normally bring Holden and Atticus, so he has good reason to hate me. I've made my first short film, called "The PCS Cup: The First Two Years". I think it's really good, though I'm still having a problem getting suitable resolution--it looks grainy on the computer. I'm wondering if it's the computer or the camera. Hope it's the computer. Or...something.


From Pletch:

============== Web Headlines ===================
From the Writers of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

X-MESS

Religious persecution is in the news again, specifically, America's war on Christians. This tiny, embattled, eighty-five percent majority, relegated tocontrolling only the White House, Congress, the Courts, and most State Houses,is under increasing attack. Sure, they're not being fed to the lions anymore,but the greetings they're being offered are insufficiently seasonal.While being wished a "Happy Holiday" instead of a "Merry Christmas" might seempetty, FOX News personalities like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and John Gibsonhave been devoting shows to what they've termed "The War on Christmas." Gibsonhas even written a book on the subject. Which would make a fine gift from thefat bearded nondenominational gift-bearing man under anyone's seasonal evergreentree.According to O'Reilly, saying "Merry Christmas" is fine, as long as you bringenough God for everyone, explaining, "The smart way to do it is Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Seasons Greetings, Happy Kwanzaa." Inspired by O'Reilly'sexample, Macy's has released designs for its new in-store packaging, includingone shopping bag wishing customers a "Merry Christmas," and another reading "Hey, Shlomo! Happy Thing With the Candles!"

No comments: