Friday, December 30, 2005

My Most Ambitious Post Yet...

Southie's Note: In this post, I'm going to try to link everything I say. It's more of a conceptual idea than anything. I'm just going to post as I normally would, and then try to link as much as possible. Look closely--there are some pretty good links in here.

Right now, I'm watching Minnesota vs. Virginia in the Music City Bowl. I've always been a big Big Ten fan, so I suppose I'm for Minnesota. Besides, I've picked them in the Pie Championship Series. For those of you who don't know, the Pie Championship Series is something my step-dad and I came up with to make sports more interesting. My step-dad will be coming up from Ohio on Sunday so that we can watch the Ohio State-Notre Dame game. It's going to be tough--I went to Notre Dame, and he went to Ohio State, and of course I was raised an Ohio State fan. We'll see...

I've been cleaning my apartment for about 36 hours now, and most of it consists of doing laundry (see previous post). There's a lot of crap.

Is it bad that I'm already looking forward to the next Fantasy Baseball season? I just miss compulsively checking the stats of my 25 players multiple times a day. What a HOT MESS I am during baseball season. But I do love it...

The last movie I've seen is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, and it's fantastic. It's a 1966 Sergio Leone film, the most famous of the "Man with No Name" trilogy, the inception of the Spaghetti Western. I'm really turning into a big Western fan; of course there are obvious similarities between Westerns and the samurai films.

I don't know what I'm going to do once I have to go back to school; I won't have nearly enough time to check and update my blog 12 times a day. But I'll try!

The Captain says hello!

That took a ridiculously long amount of time.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

You haven't seen a movie since 1966? You need to get out more! ;-)

You should do what I did and quit your job to go back to school - you'll have plenty of time to blog while professors drone on in lecture.

Brian South said...

Yeah, kind of sad, isn't it? I remember it like it was yesterday...I was a young man of -38, still new to the ways of the world. How things have changed!

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

I love how "hot mess" links to my page. That's appropriate on SO many levels, as you know South.

Brian South said...

Always thinking of you, Tara.

=)