Friday, December 16, 2005

And Now...Winter Break

Most people would be thrilled that it's Winter Break. I mean, two solid weeks of: no responsibility, family, drinking, Scrubs, knitting, Kurosawa movies, The Captain, sleep, etc.

What's wrong with that?

Well, I'll tell you. I'm not good with free time. About two weeks into summer I start to realize that I need structure--I need routine. And there's no routine in the summer, and very little routine in Winter Break.

So what's an OCD high school teacher to do? My plan is to do as many "relaxing" things as possible to keep as busy as possible. How sad is that?

So I'm back on Scrubs. I love Scrubs. Diametrically opposite to 24, but still SO good.

2 comments:

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Hey! I have an idea for something to do on your Winter break!! Come visit me in Chicago TONIGHT. I'm going to a party, which is hosted by a young man who is not much older than you, where I can promise you there will be loads of young, available and probably very loose women. It's at a low key bar in a neighborhood where parking is plentiful and cabs are even more so.
I tried calling you to invite you to this soiree with me, but alas, you did not answer your phone. You might be worse than my BF when it comes to answering your phone. It's a tough call. Anyway, you can sleep on my couch if you get too drunk, which you probably will because it is $30 all-you-can-drink from 9-12 (or maybe 1). Invite Dana too if you want. Please? Pretty please?

Sue Ellen Mischke said...

How do I put a counter on my site?