Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Seven Things

1. Seven things to do before I die
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse/best friend
4. Seven things I say most often
5. Seven books (or series) I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too

--Seven things to do before I die:
1. Get a novel published
2. Raise a family
3. Live in Italy for a (significant) while
4. Read all of the books
5. Make a film to be proud of
6. Have the awesomest, sweetest den in North America
7. Finally be content

--Seven things I cannot do:
1. Slow down (at least right now)
2. Be angry with my students for more than a day (don't tell them!)
3. Blow a bubble
4. Grow hair
5. Say the alphabet backwards
6. Tolerate dogs
7. Get less than 7 hours sleep

--Seven things that attract me to me spouse/best friend:
1. Sense of humor
2. Intelligence
3. Cuteness quotient
4. Eyes
5. Ability to open up
6. Commitment readiness
7. Smokin' hot bod

--Seven things I say most often:
1. "Sit down and shut up!" (to my students; just kidding)
2. "Sweet Fancy Moses!"
3. "Come on!" (a la GOB Bluth)
4. "Why are PE teachers called 'teachers?'"
5. "Why won't these girls just leave me alone!"
6. "Why the FUCK was Arrested Development being canceled?!?"
7. "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."

--Seven books (or series) I love (this was actually a very challenging and rewarding task):
1. James Joyce's Ulysses
2. J. D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye
3. Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
4. Michael Cunningham's The Hours
5. J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy
6. The Bond books
7. Star Wars books

--Seven movies I watch over and over (or would watch over and over if I had the time):
1. Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums
2. Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Amelie
3. Sophia Coppola's Lost in Translation
4. Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon
5. Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush
6. The Coen Bros.' No Country for Old Men
7. Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window

--Seven people I want to join in, too:
1. Dana (yeah, right, he doesn't even have a computer)
2. Tara
3. Gino
4. Paul
5. Steve
6. Sarah
7. YOU

No comments: